K. Renee Horton, Ph.D.TM
Renee is available for speaking engagements on the topics related to the Space Launch System, Friction Stir Welding and NASA, Inclusion and Diversity in STEM, Getting Girls Interested in Science, How to Survive Imposter Syndrome, Work Life Balance, Overcoming Disabilities and her favorite topic, Finding Your Intersection Between Your Talent and Your Passion. Her previous audiences have included students K-12, college freshman, graduating college seniors, K-12 teachers, and industry.
Her past presentations include:(selected)
- Keynote speaker for the opening session for the program for the promotion of substantive equality at the Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (BUAP), Mexico. International Women's Day March 2017
- Keynote speaker Emerging Researchers Network (ERN) Conference March 2017
- How do Diversity and Inclusion Intersect - African American Ball Resource Group (AABRG) Jan 2017
- Keynote speaker APS Conference Undergraduate Women in Physics University of Colorado - Boulder Jan 2017
- Panelist Private viewing of Hidden Figures Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. (an organization for business and professional women) Richmond, Tx - Jan 2017
- How to make learning STEM fun, Instituto de Física,Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla - (BUAP), Puebla, Mexico Nov 2016
- Friction Stir Welding and How it is Used - Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla - (BUAP), Puebla, Mexico Nov 2016
- How to make learning STEM fun Nealtican, Puebla Mexico, Nov 2016
- Money & Power Stage Essence Festival July 2016
- Cross Discipline Training to Reach the Mountain Top of Your Career. APS March 2016
- Finding your Intersection Between your Talent and Passion, Women in Science and Engineering, Atlantic Region (WISEatlantic) Mount Saint Vincent University Feb 2016
- Friction Stir Welding and NASA, St. Francis University Feb 2016
- International Conference Women and Girls in Science, United Nations, New York, Feb 2016
- Boeing Diversity and Inclusion Team all Hand Luncheon speaker Feb 2016
- Finding Your Intersection of Your Talent and Passion Feb 2016
- Plenary Speaker Conference Undergraduate Women in Physics, Syracuse University, Jan 2016
- Panelist Conference Undergraduate Women in Physics, Syracuse University, Jan 2016
- Panelist PowHERful Summit New Orleans 2015
- Panelist AAPT, New Orleans, Jan 2013
- Panelist APS Conference Undergraduate Women in Physics, University of Tennessee, Feb 2012
- Panelist APS Conference Undergraduate Women in Physics, Duke University, Feb 2010
- The Eye of the Storm: Balancing my storm of family, career and self. American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting. March 2008
- Commencement/Founder’s day speaker University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Sept 2008
- Women Physicist of color achieving at the intersection of race and gender. American Physical Society March Meeting. March 2006.
Future scheduled talks include:
- March on Science, New Orleans April 2017
- IUPAP International Conference on Women in Physics July 2017
"I wanted to thank you again for taking the time to add a spark to my interests, and that you are an incredible inspiration."
"Thank you for everything you did to make the FGSA session at last week's March Meeting a success! Your talk was engaging and personal, and it resonated with many in the audience. Thank you for inspiring so many of us."
Dr. Horton, it is truly an honor to be in the presence of such an astounding and captivating individual as you are. Your story has inspired me to take pride in my abilities as a black physicist/mathematician.
If you are interested in booking Renee for a speaking engagement please fill out the form with tentative dates, time, location, subject of talk and audience. Presentations can be tailored to various audience demographics and preferences.
DYNAMIC! Dr. Renee Horton, this is inspiring to log onto a website that is uplifting for me as an African American Woman. In the words of another powerful African American Woman "You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas." ~ Shirley Chisholm You have taking the ideas bestowed upon you to another dimension!!